Navigation

Saturday, July 23, 2011

What is a Good Age for a Child to start helping out with the Dishes?

Well I just recently let my son, Devon start helping out with the dishes. He will be 10 years old in a little over 2 weeks. I feel this was a good age for him to start helping and building up some responsibilities. He was kind of excited about it.Today made his 3rd time doing them. I think his excitement has now worn off. This isn't going to be an every day chore for him. But he will be helping out a few times a week. Brianna, who just turned 7 really wants to start helping out too. I don't think she is quite old enough yet. (I mean I don't want my kitchen flooded)  I do on the other hand let her help vacuum the floors and dust occasionally.  They are both really good helpers (at times).

1 comment:

  1. the kids are never too young to do dishes..just keep an eye out for them to hide dirty dishes or not get them clean lol...and id let your daughter wash cups, with your supervison, plus her hands are small enough to get all the way in them lol :)

    ReplyDelete