Navigation

Thursday, December 15, 2011

SodaStream A Smarter Way To Enjoy Soda {Review}

 I have a family that loves Pop. (Yup we call it pop around here.) SodaStream makes it very easy for my family and kids to make our own pop at home. Very cool idea if you ask me! I do not drink a lot of pop, but I was thrilled to know that they offer more than just soda flavors. I was interested in the Green Tea and  Sparkling Water flavors. This company is awesome! They sent me the SodaStream and a HUGE starter kit to try out.

Do you see all of that great stuff in the above picture? Yup they sent all of that to me to review! This is a very generous company! We have not tried it all. But we will! Anyway, since I am not always the best person at putting something together, my Brother was over visiting, and he was excited to try this amazing machine out too. So I asked him to get it all ready for me. He set it up. Jeez it was super easy, I can't believe I was afraid to do it myself.

Well the kids, my brother, and I all decided we wanted to try out the Orange Soda first. So we did. Well at first I do not think my brother pushed the carbonation button enough because when I tried it, it tasted flat. But that was a very quick fix. We put it back on the SodaStream and added more carbonation. And guess what? It tasted great! 
Check that out! Looks just like some Orange Crush huh? It tasted like it to me! Yum! Well after we experimented with the Orange flavor, my Brother wanted to try out the Energy flavor. So I let him mix up a liter of that. He said it tastes like Red Bull, but only better. I can not compare, Ive never tasted Red Bull. I did take a tiny sip of the Energy Flavor, and I did not like it. So Im sure that what my Brother said is true. I know he liked it because he drank the entire bottle of it that he made.
Yup that bottle was gone in no time.. I never did ask him if he was able to sleep that night. LOL. Since the pictures have been taken we have tried other great flavors including Root Beer, Cola, and the Green Tea Pomegranate Peach. I must say I LOVE the Green Tea Pomegranate Peach.

From Their Website:
How Does SodaStream Help the Environment?

SodaStream is an "Active Green" product, meaning that consumers  are actively reducing their CO2 footprint every time they make soda  or sparkling water at home instead of buying it from the store. The more the system is used on a daily basis, the more CO2 footprint the user actively saves. (This differs from "Passive Green" products, which use green-friendly production processes, but their products are not inherently helping the consumers save on their daily footprint.)



Because SodaStream uses water straight from the tap, the system makes traditional store-bought beverage bottles obsolete. That means less plastic manufactured, less plastic waste is created, and fewer bottled beverages must be transported from manufacturers to distributors to stores to homes.



Globally, 206 billion liters of bottled water were consumed in 2008 (Zenith International Global Bottled Water Report, 2008). The energy required to make water bottles in the US only, is equivalent to 17 million barrels of oil (Container Recycling Institute, 2002).


According to the US Recycling Institute, more than 80% of bottles in the US do not get recycled and end up in landfills. Also, an estimated 4.7 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions were produced in the process of replacing the 134 billion bottles and cans not recycled in 2005.
 

Using your own home carbonation system means:

  • Less packaging waste from cans and bottles.
  • Less pollution caused by transport of bottled beverages.

One SodaStream carbonator makes 60 or 110 liters, equivalent to 170 or 310 aluminum cans! When empty, the carbonator is refilled and reused, ready to make more fizzy and tasty soda whenever you want it.

As most of you know, or even if you didn't know. I try to live my life the "Green" way. So I love this product. It truly is awesome, and so much fun to make Sodas or "Pop" with the kids. There are so many different flavors to choose from, so everyone can have something the love. The quality is excellent. I have nothing negative to say about the SodaStream. Its a very easy and convenient way to have several flavors of soda around the house, but with a lot less packaging. Yay! I would recommend this machine to anyone who loves drinking beverages other than boring water!

Connect with SodaStream:
Website 
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

Buy It!
You can Purchase the SodaStream at many different retailers, or at their Online Store.

Disclaimer:  I was provided the SodaStream and other products mentioned above free of charge upon my request to do this review. All opinions are 100% mine. I was not monetary compensated for this review.



2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. Come link up at:
    www.feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched this product work and would recomend it to anyone who loves pop or soda depending on what prt of the country you come from

    ReplyDelete