Navigation

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bryyn & Amie Good Karma Foods {Review}

Recently I came across a great company called Brynn & Amie they make Artisan Food and Gifts.

About Brynn & Amie (from their website)

Friends, and now business partners, Brynn and Amie have combined their diverse artistic and culinary talents to create brynn&amie artisan food and gifts.

brynn

Where to start...musician, real estate attorney, mother, 3rd grade teacher, residential designer, web designer, potter and musician. In some ways, I guess I've come full circle in my creative journey! While I've had several careers, and way too much education, I find that my heart is in creating. I've been singing all my life, but I came much later to the potter's wheel.

My studio is located off the garage of my home on the Outer Banks, and I go there to refresh my mind and ease stress. It's my space, and my creative self resides there. I love to open the door to the outside, let the ocean breezes flow through the studio, and listen to NPR or jazz and classical music while I work.

Times change. When it became clear that house design was not longer a viable career, my mother's friend told me to follow my heart. So that's what I'm doing.

amie

I can’t remember when I first discovered my creative self - it has always just been so. It is what I am. Music, art and theater were my motivation to go to school.

My first job was designing window displays for a department store. I’ve had a long career in interior design and had a boutique catering business. These were the perfect mix of business and creativity for me, but through the years I have allowed myself less and less time for more personal creative expression.

It was time for a change. So, in addition to my kitchen, where culinary adventures frequently take place, I took over a space tucked away on the top floor of the house and turned it into “Amie World”. The view is sky and tree tops. Sometimes I can hear the ocean. It is my get-away to paint and draw, sew, craft, peruse my cookbook collection, make a mess and watch QVC. This one small change has channeled a flow of creativity that I hope never stops.

 The very nice people over at Bryyn & Amie sent me a few products to try.
The first product I tried was the Evil Nuts.



I really enjoyed trying these. I have never tried anything like that before and they had a nice taste to them with a little bit of heat. They were very good.Once we tried them they were very addicting and we ate the entire bag. Oops.
This gourmet nut mix was christened "evil" by a local chef, because he couldn't stop eating them! They've been known as Evil Nuts ever since.
Slightly sweet, with a spicy kick, veryEVILnutsTM are a handmade mix of whole pecans and walnuts, with a light caramelized coating of brown sugar and spices. Crystallized ginger adds that gourmet touch.
For those customers who would prefer a less spicy treat, we also have EVILnutsTM - the same delicious recipe, with a lot less heat.
EVILnutsTM and veryEVILnutsTM are made to order, with no added preservatives. Please store in an airtight container.
Ingredients: Pecans, Walnuts, Brown Sugar (Cane Caramel Color), Butter (Cream, Salt),Crystallized Ginger (Cane Sugar), Spices, Salt.
EVILnutsTM and veryEVILnutsTM are sold in 8 ounce bags. veryEVILnuts - $9.50

The next product we tried were the Karma Krumbles


They are  Toasty, Crunchy, Granola nuggets. They too were very tasty. The kids didn't like them too much, but that was just them. The adults here, meaning my Boyfriend and I loved them. I am a huge granola fan. And this was something different from just pouring some granola in a bowl and adding milk. The nuggets were a nice size and you just pick one up and eat it.

Finally the last product we tried was the Karma Krunch Muffins

 
 Now let me tell you, these muffins were absolutely delicious. This was my entire family's favorite of the 3 products we reviewed. All we had to do was add Vanilla, Water, Eggs, and Vegetable Oil, mix it up, put their special topping mix over the mixture, and bake them and presto! A fabulous Muffin! We found that these muffins make a great snack any time of day. I really think this muffin mix would be a great gift idea for any occasion.

karma krunch™ Muffin Mix is the perfect breakfast or brunch treat and makes a healthy, all natural snack. Add eggs, water, oil and vanilla, top with the separate karma krunch topping mix, bake in muffin tins, and you'll have a moist, crunchy muffin made with organic whole wheat flour, oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Healthy and delicious!

Ingredients: King Arthur organic whole wheat flour, karma krunch™ (rolled oats, almonds, walnuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, raisins, dried apricots [sulphur dioxide], sesame seeds, pure maple syrup, canola oil, brown sugar, flax seed), dried cranberries, sugar, baking powder, salt.

 My overall take, I would definitely recommend Brynn & Amie products to anyone who loves to try something different, that tastes great!


Connect with Brynn & Amie
Website
Facebook 


Disclaimer: I was sent Brynn & Amie products free of charge for me to review and give my honest opinion. All opinions are mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment